It is vital to get adequate physical activity throughout the day. You may no longer be able to go to the gym, but there are still lots of ways to stay active.
- If you work from home in a desk setting, take breaks every 30-60 minutes and walk around the house for 5 minutes.
- Join an online activity class according to your preferences and the equipment available at home.
- Dance. It will improve your mood and will make you feel active, alive and more flexible. If you have kids, get them to join in. Let them choose the music and make it part of play time.
- Spend some time gardening if you have the opportunity. You may not be able to venture out, but it is still important to get some fresh air. If you are lucky enough to have a garden, spend some quality time out there and soak up some much longed for Vitamin D.
- Get busy with the housework. This is a good time to clean up those abandoned corners and tidy up closets. Take the Marie Kondo approach and ‘spark joy’.