Respect data and privacy
Both the implementation of GDPR across EU states in 2018 and the Facebook Cambridge Analytica scandal made people around the world more aware of the value of their data. Statistics from eMarketer showed 55% of Americans would be more concerned about their personal data being stolen than their wallet or car. Whether you operate in a jurisdiction where GDPR applies or not, ensure:
- you have your client’s permission to use their data
- you set out clearly how their data will be used
- you do not provide their data to a third party without their express permission
Know how your clients prefer to be contacted
Be a useful resource
This is one of the most important ways to build relationships, particularly for intermediaries. Show your value to your clients by:
- remaining up to date with news in their industry
- sharing your perspective on new developments related to their business
- attending networking events for related industries
- raising your own profile by creating articles or completing interviews with online and offline publications
Contact customers proactively
These are just some of the ways intermediaries need to innovate in order to build customer relationships and show value to existing clients.
If you are a global healthcare intermediary, get in touch about partnering with us to access competitive commission rates, online services that will make your job easier and a team dedicated to helping you with any queries you have.