Let's find your International health insurance plan
Digital or in-person support available around the clock
Why choose us?
Not sure if international
health insurance is the
right choice for you?
Health Insurance, Short-term and travel insurance.
Choose a health insurance payment plan that works for you. Pay premiums annually, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly by direct debit or credit card. You can also pay by cheque or bank transfer, but monthly payments won’t be available if you choose one these payment methods.
Payments are subject to the following administration surcharges: 0% for annual payment, 3% for half-yearly payments, 4% for quarterly payments and 5% for monthly payments.
Most of our health insurance contracts are for one year – but we have a dummy to suit members who need international health insurance for less than a year.
For all products, there is a 30 day cooling off period from the start date. After this, the policy may not be cancelled until renewal, regardless of whether a monthly or annual payment frequency is chosen. For more information please contact our dedicated sales team on dummy.
Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions (including pre-existing chronic conditions) depends on the medical underwriting terms you accepted.
- For policies that were fully medically underwritten, pre-existing conditions are generally covered unless we say otherwise in your policy documents.
- For policies with moratorium, pre-existing conditions are only eligible for coverage once you’ve completed a continuous 24-month period after your start date and have not had symptoms, needed or received treatment, medication, a special diet or advice, or had any other indications of the condition during that time
Moratorium underwriting sets a waiting period for pre-existing medical conditions to limit the insurance risk. This means that:
- You won't need to tell us about pre-existing conditions of any member to be covered when you apply.
- There will be a 24-month waiting period before claims for any pre-existing medical conditions may become eligible.
- Pre-existing medical conditions may be covered, provided the member did not have symptoms, needed or received treatment, medication, a special diet or advice, or had any other indications of the condition. This is suitable for individuals or groups where members have no pre-existing conditions.
- Claims Process may be longer as each time we receive a claim, we'll look at the member medical history. We may also ask for additional information to understand if the symptom or condition is new or pre-existing.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies
- Availability of Moratorium Underwriting is dependent on geographical location and the relevant local country regulations in place.
Full medical underwriting is when we assess the insurance risk before cover starts. This means that:
- You’ll be asked to complete a medical questionnaire for each person to be covered, telling us about pre-existing conditions when you apply.
- Pre-existing conditions may not be covered (or there may be a surcharge to cover pre-existing conditions). Members will be asked to complete an application form disclosing their medical history before cover starts. Our underwriting team will then assess the information and decide if we are able to offer cover for medical conditions disclosed on the form.
- Claims process is shorter because we already know if pre-existing conditions are covered.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies.
International health insurance covers you for emergency treatment, but also for your diagnosis and post-treatment care. We offer tailored health insurance for: students studying abroad, expat professionals working abroad, expat couples and established expat families.
Our international health specialists would be happy to discuss further plans and options with you. Call us on dummy
Real stories, real people.
Here’s the story behind what we do and why we do it. Our mission is to help you be well.