What is Nomad Health Insurance?
Flexicare: Short-term International health insurance
Your Nomad insurance includes:
Option to add a repatriation benefit
Why choose our nomad healthcare insurance?
Choosing between a Nomad Medical Insurance or a Travel Medical Insurance
Why choose us?
For further information, please contact our
Moratorium underwriting sets a waiting period for pre-existing medical conditions to limit the insurance risk. This means that:
- You won't need to tell us about pre-existing conditions of any member to be covered when you apply.
- There will be a 24-month waiting period before claims for any pre-existing medical conditions may become eligible.
- Pre-existing medical conditions may be covered, provided the member did not have symptoms, needed or received treatment, medication, a special diet or advice, or had any other indications of the condition. This is suitable for individuals or groups where members have no pre-existing conditions.
- Claims Process may be longer as each time we receive a claim, we'll look at the member medical history. We may also ask for additional information to understand if the symptom or condition is new or pre-existing.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies
- Availability of Moratorium Underwriting is dependent on geographical location and the relevant local country regulations in place.
Full medical underwriting is when we assess the insurance risk before cover starts. This means that:
- You’ll be asked to complete a medical questionnaire for each person to be covered, telling us about pre-existing conditions when you apply.
- Pre-existing conditions may not be covered (or there may be a surcharge to cover pre-existing conditions). Members will be asked to complete an application form disclosing their medical history before cover starts. Our underwriting team will then assess the information and decide if we are able to offer cover for medical conditions disclosed on the form.
- Claims process is shorter because we already know if pre-existing conditions are covered.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies.
International health insurance covers you for emergency treatment, but also for your diagnosis and post-treatment care. We offer tailored health insurance for: students studying abroad, expat professionals working abroad, expat couples and established expat families.
Our international health specialists would be happy to discuss further plans and options with you. Call us on dummy
Real stories, real people.
Here’s the story behind what we do and why we do it. Our mission is to help you be well.