Studying abroad is one of life's most exciting adventures
Treatment of COVID-19 is covered subject to terms and conditions.
Our cover is also subject to:
- Policy definitions and exclusions
- Any special conditions shown on your Insurance Certificate (and on the Special Condition Form issued before the policy comes into effect, where relevant).
- Any policy endorsements, policy terms and conditions and any other legal requirements.
- Costs being reasonable and customary in accordance with country of treatment, standard and generally accepted medical procedures. If we consider a claim to be inappropriate, we reserve the right to decline or reduce the amount we pay.
Cover is not provided if any element of the cover, benefit, activity, business or underlying business violates any applicable sanction law or regulations of the United Nations, the European Union or any other applicable economic or trade sanction law or regulations.
Please check your Insurance Certificate, Benefit Guide and Table of Benefits to find out more.
Digital or in-person support around the clock
A wide range of health benefits for international students
Our Care plan offers excellent international student health insurance benefits and extra options to help you get the right solution for your health insurance needs. The Care Plan offers flexibility and freedom, covering expensive overseas medical care such as hospital accommodation, surgery and other in-patient treatments. It includes benefits like rehabilitation treatment, out-patient surgery and medical evacuation, just in case.
Build your plan
With our international healthcare plans for students, you can build your plan to suit your needs and budget
Choose your Core plan and pick a deductible
Add any of the optional plans
Choose your area of cover:
Worldwide, Worldwide excluding USA or Africa only
Swipe to view more
- Where necessary treatment is not available locally, we will evacuate the insured person to the nearest appropriate medical centre
- Where ongoing treatment is required, we will cover hotel accommodation costs
- Evacuation in the event of unavailability of adequately screened blood
- If medical necessity prevents an immediate return trip following discharge from an in-patient episode of care, we will cover hotel accommodation costs
Global Health Services
Optional Core Plan Deductibles
||Discount on your annual premium
0% premium discount
5% premium discount
10% premium discount
20% premium discount
35% premium discount
50% premium discount
60% premium discount
Get your health cover in a few simple steps
Getting your policy is much easier and faster when you choose our dummy Moratorium underwriting option.
There are no medical questionnaires to complete. It’s hassle free.
Why choose us?
Not sure if international
health insurance is the
right choice for you?
Health Insurance, Short-term and travel insurance.
Looking for a different solution?
Our international health insurance for students covers treatment in any country within your area of cover, as shown in your Insurance Certificate.
If the treatment you need is available locally but you choose to travel to another country in your area of cover, we will reimburse all eligible medical costs incurred within the terms of your policy; except for your travel expenses.
If the eligible treatment is not available locally, and your cover includes “Medical evacuation”, we will also cover travel costs to the nearest suitable medical facility. To claim for medical and travel expenses incurred in these circumstances, you will need to complete and submit the Treatment Guarantee Form before travelling.
You are covered for eligible costs incurred in your home country, provided that your home country is in your area of cover.
This is the geographical territory where your cover is valid. Our overseas student health cover offers multiple geographical area of cover options – please check your Insurance Certificate to confirm which one applies to you.
For example, if your area of cover is “Worldwide”, this means that your cover will be valid everywhere in the world. If your area of cover is “Africa”, then your cover will be valid everywhere in Africa.
*Our policies don’t provide any cover or benefit for any business or activity to the extent that either the cover or benefit or the underlying business or activity would violate any applicable sanction law or regulations of the United Nations, the European Union or any other applicable economic or trade sanction law or regulations. The areas of cover are subject to your policy terms and conditions.
We do not provide study abroad travel insurance or holiday insurance, but we have short-term international health insurance for students who need international health insurance for less than a year. Find out more about our short-term cover.
If you would like a quote for travel insurance – please contact our colleagues at Allianz Global Assistance.
Moratorium underwriting sets a waiting period for pre-existing medical conditions to limit the insurance risk. This means that:
- You won't need to tell us about pre-existing conditions of any member to be covered when you apply.
- There will be a 24-month waiting period before claims for any pre-existing medical conditions may become eligible.
- Pre-existing medical conditions may be covered, provided the member did not have symptoms, needed or received treatment, medication, a special diet or advice, or had any other indications of the condition. This is suitable for individuals or groups where members have no pre-existing conditions.
- Claims Process may be longer as each time we receive a claim, we'll look at the member medical history. We may also ask for additional information to understand if the symptom or condition is new or pre-existing.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies
- Availability of Moratorium Underwriting is dependent on geographical location and the relevant local country regulations in place.
Full medical underwriting is when we assess the insurance risk before cover starts. This means that:
- You’ll be asked to complete a medical questionnaire for each person to be covered, telling us about pre-existing conditions when you apply.
- Pre-existing conditions may not be covered (or there may be a surcharge to cover pre-existing conditions). Members will be asked to complete an application form disclosing their medical history before cover starts. Our underwriting team will then assess the information and decide if we are able to offer cover for medical conditions disclosed on the form.
- Claims process is shorter because we already know if pre-existing conditions are covered.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies.
Medical History Disregarded terms is when members’ health information is not assessed. This means that:
- You won't need to tell us about pre-existing conditions of any member to be covered.
- Pre-existing conditions are usually covered.
- Claims process is shorter because we already know that pre-existing conditions are covered.
- This option is usually offered to groups with more than 10 policies.
Most of our international health insurance for students contracts are for one year – but we have a short-term plan to suit students who need international health insurance for less than a year.
For all products, there is a 30 day cooling off period from the start date. After this, the policy may not be cancelled until renewal, regardless of whether a monthly or annual payment frequency is chosen. For more information please contact our dedicated sales team on +353 1 514 8480.
Our international health insurance plans for students are designed to cover your health insurance needs when you are studying overseas.
Our international student healthcare plans are flexible, so you can add out-patient, repatriation or dental plans and build the cover that suits your needs and budget. Discuss overseas student health cover and plans with our dedicated team. Call us on +353 1 514 8480.