International Health Insurance for specific regions
To comply with local regulation we have developed region specific international cover for the globally mobile.
This is the geographical territory where your cover is valid. We offer multiple geographical area of cover options – please check your Family Healthcare Insurance Certificate to confirm which one applies to you.
For example, if your area of cover is “Worldwide”, this means that your cover will be valid everywhere in the world. If your area of cover is “Africa”, then your cover will be valid everywhere in Africa.
*Our policies don’t provide any cover or benefit for any business or activity to the extent that either the cover or benefit or the underlying business or activity would violate any applicable sanction law or regulations of the United Nations, the European Union or any other applicable economic or trade sanction law or regulations. The areas of cover are subject to our terms and conditions.
Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions (including pre-existing chronic conditions) depends on the medical underwriting terms you accepted.
- For policies which were fully medically underwritten, pre-existing conditions are generally covered unless we say otherwise in your policy documents.
- For policies with moratorium, pre-existing conditions are only eligible for coverage once you’ve completed a continuous 24-month period after your start date and have not had symptoms, needed or received treatment, medication, a special diet or advice, or had any other indications of the condition during that time.
Moratorium underwriting sets a waiting period for pre-existing medical conditions to limit the insurance risk. This means that:
- You won't need to tell us about pre-existing conditions of any member to be covered when you apply.
- There will be a 24-month waiting period before claims for any pre-existing medical conditions may become eligible.
- Pre-existing medical conditions may be covered, provided the member did not have symptoms, needed or received treatment, medication, a special diet or advice, or had any other indications of the condition. This is suitable for individuals or groups where members have no pre-existing conditions.
- Claims Process may be longer as each time we receive a claim, we'll look at the member medical history. We may also ask for additional information to understand if the symptom or condition is new or pre-existing.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies
- Availability of Moratorium Underwriting is dependent on geographical location and the relevant local country regulations in place.
Full medical underwriting is when we assess the insurance risk before cover starts. This means that:
- You’ll be asked to complete a medical questionnaire for each person to be covered, telling us about pre-existing conditions when you apply.
- Pre-existing conditions may not be covered (or there may be a surcharge to cover pre-existing conditions). Members will be asked to complete an application form disclosing their medical history before cover starts. Our underwriting team will then assess the information and decide if we are able to offer cover for medical conditions disclosed on the form.
- Claims process is shorter because we already know if pre-existing conditions are covered.
- This option is available to individuals or groups with 3 to 9 policies.