6. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- Update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- Delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above, subject to regulatory personal data retention requirements;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the -period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format;
- Exercise your right to data portability;
You may have the right to file to the relevant data privacy authority. For this purpose, relevant data privacy authorities are:
- The supervisory authority of the country where you are resident
- The supervisory authority of the country where the insurer is established
You may exercise these rights by contacting us as detailed below providing your name, email address, account identification, and purpose of your request.
7. How can you object to the processing of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it. Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated in section 6 above.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
The personal data collected, as referred to in section 3 of this Privacy Notice, will be retained for a period of time which is equal to the duration of your policy with us (including any renewals thereof) and for the following 10 years from the date the policy expires, save for cases where a longer retention period is required for possible disputes, requests of the competent authorities or pursuant to the applicable laws. Once the retention period is over the data will be deleted or anonymised.You can contact us if you require further details about our retention periods. We will not hold or process excessive personal data.
If you are not an AWP Health & Life SA – Irish, Qatar or Canada Branch insured member, personal data collected while using ‘LiveChat’ via its website will be stored for a period of 6 months.
9. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by email or post as follows:
Data Protection Officer
15 Joyce Way
Parkwest Business Campus
10. How often do we update this data protection notice?
We regularly review this data protection notice and we will tell you directly when there’s an important change that may impact you.
This privacy notice was last updated on 04/02/2020