Treatment Guarantee Process & Forms
Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Forms
The Treatment Guarantee (Pre-Authorisation) Process
Certain treatments and costs require the submission of a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Form in advance. Following our approval, cover for these required treatments or costs can then be guaranteed.
This process helps us to control the cost of medical treatment in a worldwide context, and therefore maintain our premium rates at the lowest possible level. It also helps us to provide a better service in the following ways:
Submission of a Treatment Guarantee Form is required for the following:
- All in-patient treatments
- Day-care treatment
- Out-patient surgery
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan. Treatment Guarantee may be required for this test if you would like us to settle the bill directly with the medical provider
- PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and CT-PET scans
- Nursing at home or in a convalescent home
- Routine maternity, complications of pregnancy and childbirth (in-patient treatment only)
- Oncology (in-patient and day-care treatment only)
- Kidney dialysis
- Occupational therapy (out-patient treatment only)
- Rehabilitation treatment
- Medical evacuation (or repatriation where covered)
- Travel costs of insured family members in the event of an evacuation/repatriation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Travel costs of insured family members in the event of the repatriation of mortal remains
- Expenses for one person accompanying an evacuated/repatriated person
- Palliative care and long term care
Treatment Guarantee Process: how it works
- Treatment Guarantee is arranged for all in-patient treatment and certain benefits and procedures, as outlined in the Table of Benefits.
- The relevant sections of a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Form must be fully completed by the member and their physician and sent to us for approval prior to treatment. We will respond within 24 hours of receiving a fully completed form. Members based in the USA should simply direct their medical provider to contact us and we will co-ordinate with them directly.
- Our Medical Services Team will then contact the medical facility and, where possible, arrange for the payment to be settled directly.
- It is important that members submit a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorisation) Form where required, prior to treatment, as we reserve the right to decline a claim or apply a penalty if this process is not applied.