Online counselling has many great benefits for expats in today’s busy world. It is convenient, easily accessible and effective where ever you are in the world. You can research and find the right professional therapist for your specific needs, someone who specialises in a particular field rather than being limited to a local professional.
You’re also in control of how often you want to speak with your counsellor: monthly, weekly or even multiple times a week. This can be over a phone call, a web chat or a video conference.
No matter which part of the world you are in, your counsellor will be just a phone call or a click away, and a useful addition to your support network abroad. A majority of the services are operational round the clock to cover all time zones and this allows you to speak with an expert after work or even on weekends. You don’t even have to worry about leaving the comfort of your home.
And in a world that is becoming more digital than ever, online counselling offers expats the opportunity to obtain therapy in a setting that may be more comfortable and convenient than a traditional face-to-face visit.
Online counselling is ideal for expats who:
- Lead a busy lifestyle with little time for themselves
- Have a busy work schedule and tend to be exhausted after their day
- Travel frequently and find it difficult to stick to a schedule of regular face-to-face sessions
- Live in remote areas such as small towns or villages, which have limited or no services for expats
- Are apprehensive about counselling and would like to give it a try
- Do not speak the local language
- Simply prefer talking to someone over the phone or online, instead of face-to-face
It is important that you have some support when adjusting to life in a new country, and if you find it difficult discussing your experiences with loved ones, then it is essential that you find support in counselling services.
Allianz Care is here to support you in your new life. With decades of experience in the field, we know that moving to a new country can be a challenging time for you and your family. That’s why we include an expat assistance programme in our international health insurance plan.