Support during the crisis in Ukraine
The situation in Ukraine
In light of current events in Ukraine we wanted to share the following information and support to our customers.
Authorities have introduced curfews during which time citizens must stay at home, except when seeking medical care and for shift workers employed in critical infrastructure enterprises, who must carry identification with them. Please note that no public transportation is available during curfew hours.
Civilian aviation is suspended in Ukraine and the nation's seaports are closed. The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is warning against flying in areas bordering Russia and Belarus due to military activities.
Advice for customers in Ukraine*
- If you are in Ukraine, shelter in place, if safe to do so, or a shelter/bunker, if available until the immediate risk has passed.
- If you are a national of another country, monitor and heed the security guidance and direction provided by your nation’s foreign service agency to its citizens and maintain contact with your diplomatic representation.
- If officials report incoming fire, stay away from windows and exterior walls.
- Stockpile food, fuel, and water when possible and safe to do so
- Keep key items (communications, contact numbers, identification, cards & cash, medication, etc.) securely on your person or close to hand.
- Make sure cell phones and electronics are fully charged and carry a power bank if you have one. Be prepared for a communication/electricity/services blackout.
- Strictly heed all instructions of local security personnel. Remain nonconfrontational if questioned by security forces.
- Do not take photographs/videos of security force facilities or units.
- Avoid discussing military movements or the political situation with strangers. Be discreet when discussing the situation, including on social media.
- Check trusted local sources for updated information on potential travel disruptions.
A “Go Bag” should include passport, travel documents, flashlight and batteries, cell phone, charger and back-up power supply, cash, high energy snacks, bottled water, water treatment tablets (if available), warm clothes and rain gear. Additional items to consider include:
- Laptop computer(s) (personal and company-issued), additional communications devices, to include satellite phone if available.
- Any relevant maps of the area (hardcopies if available), GPS device and extra batteries if available.
- Personal hygiene kit, first aid kit, extra t-shirt and socks.
Expat Assistance Programme
Our Expat Assistance Programme is here to support you and your family. You can talk to a professional or get confidential professional counselling (via in-person, phone, video and chat). Our Expat Assistance Programme also provides a toolkit with helpful articles and podcasts to support you in moments of crisis.
Crisis support Line
This 24/7 line is available to anyone in need of emotional support in relation to the events in Ukraine.
United Kingdom: 0800 088 5339
Travel Security Services
You also have access to Travel Security Services, including an emergency hotline, country intelligence and advice, updates and alerts. The service is available night and day via app, phone or website. Call our travel security services or download our app directly on your phone.
*The information on this page is advice only and individuals should always tailor this to their own individual circumstances and heed the instructions of local security personnel. The situation is updating rapidly and information may change on a regular basis. Certain services which may be included in your plan are provided by third party providers outside the Allianz Group, such as the Expat Assistance Programme and Travel Security services. If included in your plan, these services will show in your Table of Benefits. These services are made available to you subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions of your policy and the terms and conditions of the third parties. These services may be subject to geographical restrictions. You understand and agree that AWP Health & Life SA (Irish Branch) and AWP Health & Life Services Limited are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage, directly or indirectly resulting from your use of any of these third party services.
The information contained in this page is for your internal use only. While Crisis24 constantly monitors the changing world situation and strives for accuracy and timeliness, this information is provided to you on an “as is” basis, and your use of this information is solely at your own risk. Allianz Care and Crisis24 accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from the content or use of this document.